English

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

M.A.C. ESPRESSO EYE SHADOW

So I've wanted to get this eyeshadow for so long, the classic M.A.C. Espresso eye shadow used to define everyone's eyebrows. I wanted it so bad but just couldn't buy it at the time, I mean come on...splurging around 17 Euros for an eyeshadow? I just couldn't do it so I tried to find a cheaper alternative , a dupe as they call it, and thought I had found it with Catrice's (We'll see below if I was right though). 

Anyway this seemed good enough at the time and I've been using it everyday since I bought it, but I'm almost out and felt it was a good time to look at M.A.C. again. Still a bit annoyed about its price tag, I decided to look on eBay and there it was…offered a few Euros less than in-store. Haven't used it yet, did swatch it on my skin though for the comparison, but that wasn't visible enough on camera so for the comparison I've swatched them onto a white paper. Let's have a look...



Comparison M.A.C. (left) vs Catrice (right) 


As you can hopefully see in the pictures, they appear to be very good dupes. The M.A.C. is a bit lighter and warmer of color while the Catrice seems a bit darker. The latter also looks a bit cooler, ashier if I might say and I did notice this sometimes when I was using the Catrice eyeshadow on my eyebrows. I haven't used the Espresso yet, but I can already tell that it will never look ashy on the skin.

Some important information for those who are interested...

Net Weight: 1.5 grams / 0.05 US ounces

Price: 17 Euros

Ingredients:
Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl acetate, Caprylyl glycol, Hexylene glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- Silica, Mica, Titianium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese violet (CI 77742), Red 40 lake (CI 16035), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140)] <ILN29076>



Have you also used M.A.C.'s Espresso eye shadow for your eyebrows? If not, what do you use to define your brows?

Xoxo WyoniAlyssa


NOTE:
You've probably noticed that my font is different than before. The reason for this change is that my former font is not offered on my new computer. I also can't seem to paste my website onto my pictures, but I'll try to figure that out. Photos were taken with my Canon 600D btw. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment