English

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fire Evacuation Drill

Let me start by saying that I have never experienced a fire drill in my first year at this school. However today was the day.

I just have two hours of French class on Wednesday mornings and during the first hour the alarm went off. Even my teacher stared at us not knowing if it was a drill or the real deal.

So of course we all went outside the room to notice that our two nearest exits were closed off, luckily the one near the main hallway could be opened. Nobody was panicking , some classes even remained seated (strange huh? What if it was real?).

The road towards the main fire emergency exit took way too long in my opinion. Half of the people would've died already if this would have been real. It appeared way too chaotic to me and I clearly understand why these drills are needed. The organization needs to improve big time if they want people to leave the building as quickly and safely as possible.

How is the evacuation drill at your school or company organized? Do you think there is room for improvement?

Xoxo Wyoni

No comments:

Post a Comment