English

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Aphogee 2-step Protein Treatment

As promised in yesterdays post, I will tell you about my experience with the Aphogee 2-Step Protein Treatment at today’s wash day.
 

But first what the website says:

This unique treatment is formulated with magnesium and modified proteins which fuse into the hair with the application of heat. The result is that breakage is drastically reduced.

Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is a salon service product unlike any product available for at-home use. During the process, Aphogee treatment hardens into the hair, dramatic evidence that something special is occurring. For best results a hooded dryer is required. Follow up with the Balancing Moisturizer.
 
This remedial process is highly recommended for hair that:

·  Is too weak or fine to take a perm or relaxer. (use the week PRIOR to service)
·  Is over-bleached.
·  Will not hold color. (use PRIOR to color application)
·  Breaks when combed or brushed.
·  Is mushy when wet and brittle after drying.


My wash day routine:


After I slathered on coconut oil last night and fell asleep with the oil in my hair, I washed my hair today and afterwards towel dried my hair in preparation for the Aphogee treatment. I applied it to my hair by using a spray bottle and dried my hair with a handheld blow-dryer. After the outer layer dried hard I decided to sit under my hood dryer to make sure my hair was dry all over.

After rinsing thoroughly with warm water, I applied the Balancing Moisturizer and left this on my hair for 2 minutes. As I have read on several forums that the Balancing conditioner wasn’t moisturizing enough, I decided to also apply my deep moisturizing hair mask after that.


My experience with the Aphogee Treatment:


I think this is a great treatment for hair that is extremely damaged from hair dyes, chemical relaxers and similar damaging processes as my hair really did feel a bit stronger afterwards. The consistency is really watery and the smell reminds me of apple cider vinegar.

The application was quite sticky and messy, and as your hair dries you really need to be careful as I believe your hair could break otherwise. When my hair dried it was scary hard, I’m not even joking, it didn’t even feel like hair anymore. When rinsing my hair did feel stronger and a little straw-like, which was immediately softened by the Balancing Moisturizer. This conditioner smells lovely and will mask the smell of the 2-step treatment.

Honestly I do want to try it at least one more time before I can label this as my Holy Grail protein treatment. The process takes up quite a lot of time, but luckily you’re not supposed to use this more than once every 6 weeks. The Balancing Conditioner is a must after the 2-step treatment, but can also be used after shampooing.


Important Tips:


  • Do not touch your hair while it dries as it will surely break at that moment since it's super hard
  • Do not place anything on your shoulders as when your hair dries, it will stick to it and cause hair breakage
  • Follow up with the Balancing Conditioner and afterwards maybe even with your own moisturizing hair mask, to bring the softness back in your hair
  • Do not use this more than once every 6-8 weeks


If you have any questions about the 2-Treatment or the Balancing Moisturizer, feel free to ask.

Have you ever tried an intensive protein treatment for your hair?
How did you like it?


Xoxo WyoniAlyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment