English

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review: Kiss Full Cover Nails in Active Square

Let me start by saying that I never thought I would wear full cover nails as I can clearly remember some awkward moments of a relative. She always buys the French manicure nails when she is going somewhere fancy, but never preps her nails and so they keep falling off at the worst moments ever hahaha

My natural nails

Anywho.... you're probably wondering why I need fake nails? I kinda dislike my own nails, because they're quite thin and weak and keep tearing off because of the almost constant contact with water. So what's a girl to do besides playing with artificial nails right? Sadly I'm very lazy when it comes to doing acrylics and had to find something else.




So after browsing online again I saw that Kiss offered bare 100 Full Cover Nails boxes. I got the Active Square since my nail beds are quite long and I was afraid the Short Square would be... well too short for me.
 
I have worn three sets of these nails already and finally thought it was time for a review. Although the packaging states that you can wear them up to 7 days, I've even worn them for three weeks. I'm so glad I found a new way to have fake nails, because I haven't regretted this purchase at all.

Okay so the pack contains 100 full cover nails in 10 different sizes which makes it easier to find the right match as well as a nail glue.




The nails are all numbered which makes for easy reference for the next time you apply them again, ranging from 0 (biggest size) all the way up to 9 (smallest size)




After applying the nails I always file the sides so that it matches my own width as much as possible. I also file the side that's touching my cuticle flatter so that the nail has a more natural overlap. As you can on the picture below the nails are trying to mimic a "natural" look, but without nail polish people can definitely tell they're fake.




Nail polish makes all the difference



TIPS & WARNINGS:

Prep your nails well before applying the full cover nails:

·         Clean your nails with acetone or nail polish remover to remove dirt and grease
·         Gently buff your nail beds as the glue seems to adhere better
·         Wipe nails again with acetone or nail polish remover to remove dust from buffing 

Application:

·         Apply enough glue on the nail bed
·         Press the nail down firmly and hold
·         Have some paper ready to remove excess glue

Be careful with the nail glue as it dries in seconds and can glue your fingers or else together!
 

Removal:

·         For a quick and easy mess-free removal method click here


The Kiss Full Cover Nails are also available in Curve Overlap, Active Oval and Short Square.


Do you or did you ever wear fake nails?  Would you ever consider full cover nails?

Xoxo WyoniAlyssa

2 comments:

  1. At the moment my right hand nails are the same length as your natural nails and my left hand as your fake nails.

    I don't really like paying for anything I can have myself. I think you would benefit from some type of nail hardener because you have beautiful nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey I would love to have your strong nails, but I know that mine have always been really thin. Have tried nail hardeners and vitamins, but nothing worked.

      I know that the problem lies in the overload of water issue as my nails are stronger when I take off these full cover nails.

      Maybe when I leave my job I can finally start growing nails like yours ^_^

      Delete