English

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Surviving Exams

Hello everyone, how are you all doing? Unfortunately I wasn’t able to blog this past week, because of my exam weeks.

In this past week there finally were some sunny days, but sadly this was pared with a stormy and rainy day. Of course my body couldn’t handle it and now I’m sick again. I basically have no energy whatsoever and still need to survive another week of exams. Besides my sickness I feel like I always have some issues during exam periods and struggle to really focus.

Photo from quickmeme.com

I’m always distracted by my TV shows and studying outside of home is also a problem for me. I’m always acting as if I don’t have enough food with me and will spend between ten to fifteen Euros on food and drinks and this will add up in two weeks. A better idea for me would be to stay at home and come up with a plan, a structure. So here are my tips:

  • Study hours:
Draw up a plan in which you clearly state how long you will work on a certain subject and do this for every course. Make sure to also schedule in breaks for example 30 minutes, but remain focused outside of these breaks.

  • Snacks:
Make sure you have enough snacks available and within reach so you don’t have to spend time preparing them. For me this means everything that can be fried, contains sugar (yay Magnum ice-cream) or can be prepared in the oven…I know it’s bad, but this just works for me).

  • Drinks:
Make sure that you drink enough during the day as you can loose track of time and your body needs to be rehydrated. Some of you use drinks like coffee and/or energy drinks for the caffeine, but I just don’t like them. I mostly drink teas and lemonade and if I'm being wild I will drink some wine or so.


Decide when it’s enough. What I mean by that is that sometimes you continue to try to study, but your body and brain is just too tired. You would either have to take a nap and do an all-nighter or sleep like you normally do and wake up a little earlier and study further.

I hope these tips will help you in these upcoming weeks.
How is studying going so far?

Xoxo WyoniAlyssa


1 comment:

  1. Well luckily I only have one exam coming up but I am yet to start.
    I'm mainly focussing on the things I need to hand in. I make sure I spend at least one hour everyday on my schoolwork.

    ReplyDelete