English

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Review: Essence Studio Nails Nail Fixing system Step 1



Note: I tried to capture the tiny fibers on my pictures, but there were just not visible on camera so that's why I didn't include a picture of my nails.

Description on the back of the bottle:

Step 1 base coat with its nail strengthening nylon fibers creates a protective shield on the nails and enhances growth. Apply thinly, let it dry & cover the fibers with step 2. The bottle contains 0.23 fl.oz/7ml and retails for approximately for 2 Euros in selected drugstores.

Note: It seems as though Essence doesn't have this polish on their website anymore (although it's still available in the drugstores) so I couldn't include the description of their website.

My own experience:

I like this base coat and I do believe that it temporarily strengthens my nails due to the tiny nylon fibers. However I still felt that it wasn't enough on its own. My nails still kept breaking and/or tearing and it frustrated me a lot. I think this base coat is more effective when your nails are in good shape and you want your nails to be a bit more protected. Luckily I have found a way to combine this polish with another base coat and I'm truly in love with that combination, but I will tell you about that when I review that nail polish so stay tuned.

Have you ever tried a nail polish with fibers in them? Would you ever consider one?

Xoxo WyoniAlyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment