English

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Review: Essence Studio Nails XXL Nail Thickener


Description on the website:

Professional out-of-salon gel-look finish. Fast-drying undercoat hardens nails with a special acrylic formula. Makes nail polish longer-lasting and even glossier!

Description on bottle:

This innovative nail polish instantly thickens & strengthens thin and brittle nails - resistant against chipping & cracking. For longer growing nails. Fast-drying. The bottle contains 0.27 fl.oz/8 ml and retails for around 2 Euros in selected drugstores.

My own experience: 

Love this polish as it does really thicken the nails quite a bit so much that it sometimes seems as though you have a very thin acrylic overlay especially when you use two layers. However I don't like to use this as my only basecoat, because for some reason I still feel that it doesn't strengthen my nails the way I want it to. But I've found a simple and effective solution for those of you who want the strong acrylic-like nails without all the hassle. 

My solution?


Layer this polish on top of Essence Studio Nails Step 1. One coat is already sufficient, but I like to use two just in case. The effect you ask.... strong nails, practically unbreakable unless you really do hard work with your nails. And when you use this combo underneath your colored nail polishes and topcoat, it will last for days.

I highly recommend this XXL Nail Thickener, but I really suggest that you use my combination described above as that's the way I have constantly used it underneath my manicures. If you've read my previous posts you know that my nails are quite thin and fragile and they keep breaking or tearing.


Do you already have some polishes from Essence Studio Nails line? Would you try this polish as your basecoat?

Xoxo WyoniAlyssa


2 comments:

  1. Good to know about something like this. I might buy one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know and it's much more affordable than artificial nails while this combination is sufficient enough for weak nails

      Xoxo WyoniAlyssa

      Delete