English

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Nailart: Blue Shatter Nails

Hello everyone sorry for not posting this past week. Had a lot on my mind; friends from abroad visiting, work, school starting next week and bunch of other stuff. I kinda got bored with my last design and needed something else even though I can only wear it for five days or so. I'm just not able to wear a design for more than a week…I need something else (and I'm also not allowed to wear nail polish at work *insert sad face*).

So while I was browsing online I remembered these gorgeous nail designs from Robin Moses (if you don't know her by now, you need to watch her ASAP). I basically love every design that she does especially the hand painted faces, because it starts out like basically this weird oval shape and then magically turns into this realistic face. They call her the nail art wizard for a reason. 

So this design was inspired by Robin Moses' blue shatter nails, but trust me when I say that I have to try to recreate practically all of them.



Products used:

  • HEMA - black nail polish
  • Catrice - 060 Mona Lisa is Staring Back
  • Black acrylic paint
  • Scraperfect - the best glue ever
  • Inaz - Perseus glam
  • Inaz - Parella glam
  • Inaz - Madri glam
  • MAC - reflects teal pigment
  • Essence - studio nails, better than gel nails topsealer


I absolutely love this design and can’t wait to try it with other colors. The glitter effect is gorgeous and these photos don’t even do it justice, because it’s just mesmerizing to see in person.

PS: please excuse the nasty cuticles as these pictures were taken after wearing this manicure for almost three days.


What do guys think of this design? Have you ever used eyeshadow in your nail designs?


Xoxo WyoniAlyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment