English

Sunday, September 29, 2013

WHEN NAILART GOES WRONG #1

Hello everyone I almost didn´t post this as I hate how my nails look at this moment, but decided to upload it anyway. So I tried foiling for the first time yesterday and it turned out great (at first though). Had some tiny mistakes here and there (which I fixed btw) and went to my aunt's party even though I'm still sick. Didn't take pictures immediately when I was done, because it was quite late and I didn't have enough lighting. The party was fun and my nails were stunning with the foil effect. 

But when I woke up this morning.....Yuck and ....yuck again. I mean just look at the pictures and you'll know what I mean.

                                 

You see what I mean now, it"s so ugly. For some reason my black zebra stripes on my ring finger and thumb turned this dark olive army green (this was done with a true black acrylic paint O_o" ). Thought I'd used enough glue to adhere my foil on the other nails. The fixed mistakes on those nails also turned into the dark olive army green, so now you see those patches as well. 

Note to self for next time:

  • Topcoat the foil before using acrylic paint
  • Topcoat the finished design again
  • Do not rush through nailart

FYI I've used this beautiful foil named Fuchsia Fantasy for this design. Look at how gorgeous it looks in the bottle.



Too bad though, because the effect was very pretty and I will definitely redo this design one day. Just wanted to show you guys that not everything I try turns out great.

Have you ever messed up your nailart?

Xoxo WyoniAlyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment