English

Friday, September 27, 2013

I'M GOING TO....

Hello everyone as some of you know I'm doing an international study of which an exchange semester is mandatory in the third year. Let me explain what this means...students must study abroad for a few months. In order to go one must participate in one of the two offered ranking procedures, so in February or in September. The school calculates your score by multiplying your grades with their assigned ECTS scores. I hope you get an idea of how this works. Unfortunately there weren't many places left, with some you had to speak a certain language and others weren't suited for my study program.

Well I for one participated this month and choose Mexico and France ,to improve either my Spanish or my French, and England because it was close by and you can never have to much English right. We were told that we would get our results mid October, but today I received a mail. Being that next month hasn't even started yet I started panicking, thinking about how I might have had to rank again due to the low amount of places. Maybe other people had a higher ranking score and chose the same places as me and therefore those were given to them. 

But no it was the real deal, because the email started with congratulations, you've been ranked. I quickly scrolled down in the document looking for my student number (which seemed like forever) and there it was...

Mexico!! 

I'm going to Mexico, it feels so surreal. Have to start planning everything now as it's not even close to home at all. Will have to look at all the details such at when my new school will start and when I will return of course. I have to look for housing, my flight and of course vaccinations. 

I'm a bit scared as I've never been away from home that long and by myself, but I'm also happy and really curious where all of my classmates are going.


Have you ever been abroad for work or school? How was that experience for you?


Xoxo WyoniAlyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment