English

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

China Glaze Halloween 2013: Howl You Doin'

Hi everyone as most of you know this month is Halloween and of course a lot of brands have launched their limited edition Halloween products. So has China Glaze of course, a brand known for its beautiful collections. This time they brought us Monster's Ball, a six piece collection containing a texture polish, a glow in the dark topcoat and four glitters. Of this collection I got two of the glitters named Howl You Doin' and Bat My Eyes, but I'm still debating whether or not I should also get the Ghoulish Glow topcoat.

Today I'm showing you Howl You Doin, a name that cannot be inspired by anything other than the question "How you doin'?". A phrase that became famous by the character Joey of the comedy TV show Friends. Ah I absolutely loved this show, the characters (especially Phoebe and Joey) and the things that happened in their lives. I was truly sad when they stopped the show. Anyway...back to polish..

Howl You Doin is a gorgeous dark purple glitter. It's more of a reddish purple as you will see in some of the pictures. The polish has tiny bluish glitter and also these small irregular muted red glitters that sometimes even looks like pieces of foil. 











MANICURE DETAILS:


  • 2 coats of China Glaze Howl You Doin'
  • 2 coats of Seche Vite topcoat*

*Used two coats as my nails felt gritty when I just used one layer

Application was okay, but for some reason my polish seemed a bit goopy. Don't know if I just had a bad batch or what, but I'll thin it out next time with some nail polish thinner.

I absolutely love this polish and am really happy that I ordered it. This again is another dark polish and I guess I'm totally into a dark nails phase for now. I just love the vampy look of darker nails compared to the airy bubbly look of lighter colors and China Glaze's Halloween collection just feed this love. I should really show you all of my Halloween nail polishes this month don't I?


What do you think of this color? Have you ever bought a Halloween edition nail polish?

Xoxo WyoniAlyssa

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know right. China Glaze's Halloween collections are awesome. Have you ever purchased one? xx

      Delete