English

Thursday, October 31, 2013

NAIL ART | SPIDER WEB AND ORANGE GLITTER









Hello everyone how are you doing. Hope you're having an awesome Halloween party night even though it's Thursday. I've been dying to upload this nail art as soon as I saw it at Robin Moses' YouTube channel this week (you should really watch her beautiful nail designs). I basically removed my previous design immediately, but just couldn't take pictures as I came home after sunset. Today was the same problem again, but I just had to upload it anyhow. I tried to lighten them a bit so they became as realistic as possible. I also totally forgot to use some moisturizer before taking these, so please excuse the dry hands.


Manicure Details*

Index finger, middle finger and pinkie: 

  • 1 coat of China Glaze - Sun Worshiper (too neon for this look)
  • 1 coat of China Glaze -  Papaya Punch
  • 1 coat of Hema - Clear polish mixed with Inaz - Pennywise Glam
  • Gradient with Herome - St. Moritz
  • Black acrylic 

Thumb and ring finger:

  • 1 coat of Hema - Black 
  • 1 coat of Herome - St. Moritz
  • Acrylic paints - Silver and white

*Seche Vite topcoat was used on all nails

One of the worst scenarios when working with glitters is of course when the container drops out of your hand and sadly I experienced this. I should be thankful though that in fell onto the plate I was working with, so I was at least able to scoop more than half of it back into the container. Because of this drama the black nails needed another coat as the orange glitter couldn't wait to stick to those nails. I felt like Sun Worshiper was way too bright for this look (duhh it's a neon), so that's basically why I used a more regular orange on top.

I really love this look as it’s quite simple to do. The orange glitter on top of a basic orange polish really makes it sparkle even more. I never knew I could paint a spider, but I think mine came out pretty good. I do have to practice with making my spider web way thinner to be more realistic, but I don’t have a  striping brush yet so my regular paint brush will do for now.

What do you guys think of this design? Have you celebrated Halloween?

Xoxo WyoniAlyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment