English

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Holo Summer Week: Holo topping, please!

Hello there, this is my last Holo Summer Week post as I've misplaced the last one of my OMG polishes and therefore can't blog about it. When I've found it I will post it, but till then this will be the last of the Holo Summer Week 2013.

Anyway this is my most affordable holographic polish so far as it just costs around 2 Euros and is widely available at several drugstores. It's from the brand Essence and it's one of their nail art special effect! toppers, a holographic topcoat that can transform the look of any regular nail polish color as it as the name describes gives you a holographic finish on top.

I wanted to show you guys how it looks on top of different base colors and of course also show you if this topcoat was wearable by its own.













I have used the following for each nail:


Index:           1 coat of China Glaze Midnight Mission topped with 1 coat of the Essence Holo topping, please!
Middle:         1 coat of China Glaze For Audrey topped with 2 coats of the Essence Holo topping, please!
Ring:             1 coat of China Glaze Pelican Grey topped with 1 coat of the Essence Holo topping, please!
Pink:             4 coats of the Essence Holo topping, please!
 

As the Holo topping, please! is a very light pink it does change the base color a bit, which is why it's important to test it out before you do a full manicure. Although it looks nice on all the base colors I’ve used I absolutely love it over the Pelican Grey as the colors pink and grey seem to match perfectly. I also really like my index finger as it gives this kinda galaxy look. What also really surprised me was how I also love it on its own even though it required 4 coats for medium-full opacity and you can still see the VNL (Visible Nail Line).

I love it as it's this perfect light pink which I didn't have in my holo collection yet and it has the same scattered holo effect as those of the China Glazes kaleidoscope collection. Overall I’m very happy to own this especially considering its price.


What do you guys think? Will you add this holographic topcoat to your nail polish collection?

Xoxo WyoniAlyssa

2 comments:

  1. Looking beautiful and I love how great and clean and moisturized your cuticles look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you honey, all thanks to SolarOil
      xx

      ps:do you still have the ombre nails?

      Delete