English

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Holo Summer Week: IDK

Hooray for yet again another hot summer day, hope you've enjoyed it. I’ve been quite busy searching for a last-minute vacay and let me tell you that it’s not a lot of fun when your counting down how many official vacation days you have left. Should plan this better next time.


Anyway I hope you’ve enjoyed yesterdays post on the It’s my Turn nail polish as I have some more holographic polishes to show you. Here we go…


The second nail polish in my Holo Summer Week is also from China Glaze but it’s from their 2009 collection OMG. Yes I meant to say that, the collection was actually named OMG and of course all of the polishes have these popular abbreviations such as LOL and TMI ( and no…. terms like YOLO weren’t really used back then).   

  


















IDK is a beautiful lilac nail polish with a linear holo effect as compared to the ones from the Kaleidoscope collection. The color is so girly and sweet I just love it when I’m not in the mood for pinks but want to wear a pastel color. The holo effect just gives this color something extra.

 
I’ve used 2 coats for this one as I find it to patchy and sheer when I use one coat. Normally you wouldn’t use any basecoat or topcoat with these type of nail polishes as the application of the color could become streaky and the topcoat could dull the holo effect. However I'd already applied my basecoat when I decided to swatch this color.


Unfortunately as this collection was from 2009, it is discontinued. China Glaze did try to recreate this effect with two other collections of which one was released this year. Getting your hands on the OMG collection might only be possible on Ebay, but be aware that it could cost a ridiculous amount of money.


Do you like holo effect nail polishes? Do you prefer a linear holo like IDK or a scattered one as seen in the Kaleidoscope collection?

Xoxo WyoniAlyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment