English

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Holo Summer Week: China Glaze It's my Turn

I’m so happy you guys as summer has finally really started in Holland. We’re getting 25-34 degrees weather with hours of sunlight and people really love spending their days at the beach and I would too. Luckily I’m going on vacation this week although I still don’t know where to (LOL…will be a last second instead of minute booking)


So all of this sunshine reminded me that I have these beautiful nail polishes that mesmerize you when sunlight hits them. Therefore I present you a series of holographic nail polishes in my Holo Summer Week.


The first one I wanted to show you guys is from the brand China Glaze and it’s called It’s my Turn from there Kaleidoscope collection released in 2008. This collection consisted of 12 beautiful holos at an affordable price compared to for example the OPI Designer Series.
  













It’s my Turn is a beautiful gold holo nail polish. The holographic particles are really scattered instead of a linear holo as seen in the China Glaze OMG collection (these are included in Holo Summer Week). I’ve used three coats since the gold is quite sheer and I like full opacity, but two might have worked also. I didn’t use any topcoat with this one as the topcoat could sometimes dull the holo effect.


I’m happy to own this color as I’ve never seen anything sparkle like this before. I can still remember the first time I held the bottle in direct light and was mesmerized.


Obviously getting your hands on these is almost impossible since every nail polish addict wants this collection, but if you really need them in your life and don’t care how much you’ll spend, Ebay might still have some.   



Do you like this color? Do you own any holographic nail polishes?

Xoxo WyoniAlyssa

2 comments:

  1. Love this polish. Very subtile. All gold everythangg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I really didn't have anything like it before and love it a lot. haha pink & gold everythangg

      Delete